Rhode Islanders Can Report Property, Business Damage to 2-1-1.

RI – (October 31, 2012) Many Rhode Islanders have been impacted by the weather conditions of Hurricane Sandy. As a result, homeowners (especially those along the coast) have sustained damage to their property. The Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency (RIEMA) is partnering with Rhode Island United Way’s 2-1-1 to collect reports from homeowners and businesses.

Filing reports via 2-1-1 helps the state to seek disaster assistance for individuals. (Filing a damage report does not guarantee federal or state assistance.) Callers will need to provide demographic information and an overview of the damages to the property or business.

For regularly updated information on Hurricane Sandy response efforts, visit www.riema.ri.gov or call 211.

Leave a comment

Avatar About the Author: The Rhode Island Small Business Journal is a printed monthly magazine and an online resource for the aspiring and start-up entrepreneur and small business owner.

previous arrow
next arrow