Volume 2 Issue 4 featuring the SBA Salute to Small Business Award Winners
Welcome to the first special edition of RISBJ, featuring the SBA 2013 Rhode Island Salute to Small Business award winners. The Salute to Small Business is a weeklong celebration that highlights the success of many small businesses here in Rhode Island along with a series of free workshops to help business owners on a variety of topics such as time management, understanding financials, creating brand loyalty and hiring strategies. This year’s workshop series is presented by Rhode Island SCORE, RISBDC, CWE and the SBA.
The small business week activities will be highlighted by the annual awards luncheon at the Alpine Country Club on Wednesday June 12th. This event will acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments of nine Rhode Island small business owners. Four of this year’s award recipients will be honored as New England winners, an accomplishment that clearly shows Rhode Island business owners can be equally or more successful than those in states that are labeled as more “Business Friendly”.
Working with the SBA on this special edition was a perfect fit for RISBJ because it speaks to the success of many businesses and entrepreneurs in our state. That has been the focus of RISBJ since our inception in February, 2012. The Salute to Small Business truly shows recognition and appreciation for those business owners that are leading the charge for a better Rhode Island. Their success helps to motivate those of us who work night and day to build thriving companies in our home state.
I would like to personally congratulate this year’s winners for their accomplishments and inspiration.
- Brenda Brock, Founder/CEO of Farmaesthetics
- David MacDonald, Founder/CEO of The Children’s Workshop
- Gerald Barry, Chairman of the Board for MEDfx
- Robert Mancini, Executive Director of the Rhode Island Society of Certified
- Public Accountants
- Dr. Drew Carey, Principal of CoastalVision, LLC
- Antonio Fonseca & Vincent Fonseca, Owners of Packaging & More, Inc.
- Elizabeth Yuill, Owner/President of Brown & Hopkins Country Store
- Jeshua Zapata, President of Xzito Creative Solutions
- Jeanne Salisbury, Owner of Minuteman Press
- Gary Ezovski, Owner of Lincoln Environmental Properties
- Ronald Caniglia, Owner of STAND Corporation
We hope you enjoy reading each of their stories on how they achieved their level of success. Just make sure you set aside plenty of time because with 92 pages, this is the biggest issue of RISBJ yet!