RISBJ Staff | Nov 04, 2014
JOHNSTON, RI – Rhode Island Small Business Journal is excited to announce the winners of the 2015 Entrepreneurial Women to Watch Awards. Winners and nominees will be honored at a celebration event in Providence on Monday, November 17th from 6-8:30pm at The Dorrance.
RISBJ created the 2015 Entrepreneurial Women to Watch Awards last year to honor the most confident, tenacious, professional and sophisticated women industry leaders in our state. This year, the awards were divided into five categories: Community Champion, Minority-Owned, Small Business, Solopreneur, and Startup. In each of these categories, three winners were selected, adding up to fifteen winners total.
This year’s selection committee was comprised of six members of the entrepreneurial community in Rhode Island: Sierra Barter, PVD Lady Project; Alison Bologna, owner of Shri Studio; Nikki Groom, The F Factor; Sandra McNamara, Center for Women and Enterprise; Rebecca Murray; and Cristen Faherty, Captivatingly Chic. With over 500 nominations, they were inundated with remarkable success stories, and narrowing the nominations down to just fifteen winners was certainly a difficult job. In the end, winners were selected based on a mix of their character, mission, career path, and growth, as well as their dedication to promoting women entrepreneurship in Rhode Island.
RISBJ wishes to congratulate the following winners (no specific order):
- Elizabeth Cunha, The Center for Dynamic Learning
- Kathleen Moren, Healthy Babies, Happy Moms Inc.
- Jen Silbert, Learning401
- Kappy Bois, Royal Health and Wellness
- Yemi Sekoni, Donahue Models and Talent
- Maria Denizard, La Femme Salon
- Anne Aldridge, Ocean State House Cleaning
- Ava Anderson, Ava Anderson Non Toxic
- Michelle Collie, Performance Physical Therapy
- Kristin Niessink, Kristin Niessink MS, RD, LDN
- Lesli-Ann Powell, Little Birdie Papercraft and Design Studio
- Dr. Kate Siner, Dr. Kate Inc.
- Stephanie Additon, Java Skincare
- Jan Dane, Stock Culinary Goods
- Maria Tocco, The Providence Flea
Each of the winners will be featured in Issue 10 of RISBJ. Their stories will highlight their successes and celebrate their commitment to being a part of one of the fastest growing segments in the business world. Winners and nominees will be recognized at the ceremony at The Dorrance. Tickets for the event may be purchased for $35 at the door or in advance at http://bit.ly/1EzUPIF.
The 2015 Entrepreneurial Women to Watch is sponsored by HealthSource RI, Beacon Mutual, and Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island.
For more information on the 2015 Entrepreneurial Women to Watch Awards or RISBJ, please visit www.risbj.com.