Two Rhode Island Small Businesses Receive UnitedHealthcare’s 2012 Small Business Worksite Wellness Award
NetCenergy in Warwick and The Preservation Society of Newport County were two of ten national recipients of this years UnitedHealthcare’s 2012 Small Business Worksite Wellness Award.
UnitedHealthcare’s Small Business Worksite Wellness award program is available to small business customers across the country, and designed to recognize their commitment to helping employees enhance or improve their well-being and health through worksite wellness programs.
NetCenergy President Don Nokes says that any company can make a difference in its employees’ health, offering the following advice:
- Be a role model for employees. Show them by your own wellness activities that you take it seriously.
- Draw inspiration from what others are doing and take advantage of resources from UnitedHealthcare, such as newsletters, educational programs, email articles and more to reinforce your message.
- Best of all, little steps don’t need to cost a lot to achieve big results.
Notable results from The Preservation Society of Newport County include:
- 5.4 points reduced in the average total cholesterol score
- Average glucose score reduced 2.7%
- Smoking decreased 2.8%
- The low-risk population increased from 60.5% in 2010 to 69.3.% in 2011
Filed Under: Press Releases